Everything Dinosaur Sponsors the 2014 Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Competition
Everything Dinosaur is proud to sponsor the 2014 Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama contest, a chance for model makers and dinosaur fans to show off their skills in creating prehistoric scenes. This highly respected competition is open to all members of the Dinosaur Toy Forum and this annual contest attracts model makers from all over the world.
Can you Create a Prehistoric Scene?
Commenting on this year’s showcase for aspiring Ray Harryhausen’s, Dr. Adam Smith of the Dinosaur Toy Forum stated:
“It’s that time of year again! I’m delighted to announce The Dinosaur Toy Forum Diorama Contest 2014 sponsored by Everything Dinosaur! We have some wonderful prizes again this year courtesy of our generous sponsor.”
The rules and regulations for the 2014 contest are as follows:
- Entry is free and all members of The Dinosaur Toy Forum, including staff, are invited to participate. Non-members wishing to enter are invited to register to the forum (this is free).
- Dioramas have to feature prehistoric organisms, from Trilobita to Triceratops from Acanthocladia to Zosterophyllum, it does not matter, so long as its prehistoric.
- The deadline for entries is Saturday 27th September 2014. Entries received after 00.00 hours GMT September 27th will be invalid.
- One diorama per member. Once submitted it cannot be exchanged for an alternative entry.
- Entries must be accompanied by a creative title.
- Dioramas have to be new (never published on the web before) and you must have produced the diorama yourself. Stealing somebody else’s diorama will result in disqualification.
- Photoshop is allowed, but the original photograph(s) must be your own.
- Winners will be selected by a poll open to all Dinosaur Toy Forum members (there will be no professional judges), that will take place shortly after the closing date. There will be three winners in first, second and third place respectively (no joint positions), as selected by the poll. In the event of a tie for any position, a tie-break poll will be created. There will also be three non-prize winning honourable mentions.
Last Year’s Winning Entry – “Three Angry Chicks”
Picture Credit: federreptil (2013 contest sponsored by Safari Ltd)
A spokes person from Everything Dinosaur commented:
“We are pleased to be involved with this annual competition. It gives model fans of all ages the opportunity to get creative and to show how imaginative they can be. Behaviour is rarely preserved in the fossil record, so we will be fascinated to see what scenarios the contestants come up with. We wish everybody the very best of luck.”
Everything Dinosaur Sponsors Prestigious Model Contest
Picture Credit: Everything Dinosaur
To view Everything Dinosaur’s range of prehistoric animal models: Visit Everything Dinosaur
How to Enter
-Entries will remain anonymous until the winners are announced. For this reason we request that entrants do no watermark or sign their entries.
-Entries should be submitted as a .jpg file 1000px wide.
-Entries should be sent via email as an attachment to email@example.com. The email title should read as follows: “dinosaur diorama contest 2014 – [forum username]”, and the email body should include the diorama title.
For further guidance Everything Dinosaur recommends that The Dinosaur Toy Forum should be viewed and consulted or emails can be sent to the email address provided immediately above.
To register to join The Dinosaur Toy Forum: The Dinosaur Toy Forum
On behalf of Everything Dinosaur, just time to say good luck to every one.